College library occupies a prominent position and it is an important and integral part of the teaching, learning and research programme. It is not merely a depository of books, but an active workshop instrument in the production of or original thinking. The aim of college education and college libraries in inter-related. College library extends opportunities for self-education to the deserving and enthusiastic students without any distinction. College library stimulates the students to obtain, evaluate and recognize knowledge and to familiarize with the trends of knowledge for further education and learning new disciplines.
The library supports the academic needs of students, research scholars, and Faculty of the college by providing information resources such as books, journals, periodicals, CDs, proceedings, reference books, project reports, and theses. The library has an organisation collection of thesis of Research student, publication of Teachers, subscribe and open- access e journals, collection of e books, Educational articles, question paper of B.Ed. seminar proceedings etc.
The Library at GCE Akola, acts as a Learning Resources Centre to support the educational and research programmes of the institute by providing intellectual access to information to the faculty and students for their teaching and research. It caters to the information needs of the Faculty, Research Scholars and Students towards accessing information.
Dewey Decimal Classification (DDC) system is used for classification of books.
The library is a place for individual study and research. Therefore, it is necessary to maintain an atmosphere of quiet dignity inside the library.
• Mobile Phone should be on silent mode.
• Eating is not allowed in the library.
• Shoes & Sandals should be kept outside the library.
• Throwing of paper bits or other scrap on the floor or writing on the tables and walls is not permitted in the library.
• Bags and personal belongings should be kept on Propert Counter inside the library.
• It is for you. Please help us to keep it clean, and serve you better.
Library Building & Infrastructure
Library Building :
(2617 Sq. Ft.) / (248.144 Sq. Mt.)
The Library building is on Ground floor & Infrastructure is as follows;
• Reading hall seating capacity: 50
• Cubicals seating capacity: 8
• Librarian's cabin
• Stack room
• Seminar room
• Committee room
• Administrative room
• Teacher's reading room
• Resercher's study room
• Circulation section
• Acquisition section
• Periodicals and Newspapers section
• Stack area
• Reference section
• Cubical section
• Spacious Reading selection
• Monday to Friday : 11.00 am to 5.30 pm
• Saturday : 8.00 am to 12.30 pm
The computerisation of library is under progress. In library Soul 2.0 software (by INFLIBNET) has been installed to computerize the library collections.